Tuesday, August 26, 2008

First Month update

I have successfully made it to Singapore. Overall things are going very well and I am quite happy here. I will however relocate closer to the city soon as I have learned that I am paying too much and living too far away from anything.

Singapore has been excellent...however there are a few things that took me by surprise such as the lack of ability to use credit cards at certain places such as one of the main grocery stores, to pay tuition, and a few other things. I had to actually open a Singaporean bank account to get an acceptable debit card that can work at my local grocery store. I also found out that many Singaporean websites don't accept foreign credit cards so I had to go to the bank again and ask for a debit card that would work online.

My place is really nice...however it is getting to be too expensive. So I am hoping to move out in the next 5 weeks or so...

I have seen most of the city and there is no end of places to eat. Eating is actually entertainment here. =) Not a good place to loose weight although I am still trying.

I really enjoy the humid tropical climate...although moving between the air condition and the heat is reeking havoc on my immune system, but I'm slowly getting used to being always kind of sick. I think I will visit the doctor soon just to make sure I'm good.

One of my favorite things so far has been getting to know a variety of people from all over the world through my classes and Rotary.

No comments: